Welcome to the magical world of sweets

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Cookies


After long searches finally I found the cookie recipe and decided to make it after collecting the ingredients. Whenever the topic is cookie, it reminds me the cookie monster. We used to watch it all the time when we were child. I liked the cookie monster most in sesame street which is very sweet and eating cookie all the time. I believe it made most of us like cookies and still while I am watching it I desire cookie :)



If anybody haven't watched the cookie monster, I suggest you to watch it and I am sure that you will want to make these sweet and lovely cookies afterwards. You can also do your own taste test as cookie monster :)



Ingredients:

  • 200g self raising flour
  • 100g caster sugar
  • 100g butter, plus extra for greasing
  • 1 large free-range egg, lightly beaten
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract


    First pre-heat your oven at 180 degree Celsius.

    Mix the flour and sugar together in a bowl, then rub in the butter with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.

    Add the egg and vanilla essence and mix to form a soft dough.

    Roll out onto a well-floured work surface and cut into rounds. Place on greased baking sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.

    If you wish you can server your cookies plain or by decorating with sugar paste. I decorated my cookies with sugar paste preparing lovely figures. You can also shape your cookies according to your imagination.



0 comments:

Post a Comment